Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Version of Anti-Smoking Campaign

here are some of the visuals for anti-smoking campaigns i managed to compile. and sorry i beg to differ that they are "effective".
























as i promised much earlier. i'll tend to the TAK NAK anti-smoking campaign our country is currenlty using and propose my solution or idea on it. perhaps my version will be amateur, but i believe i can give invaluable inputs.

did you notice a similarity in every 1 of them? they play on the NEGATIVE MESSAGES! i don't know if you think they work. i didn't say they don't AT ALL.. but the fact is, they are ineffective. don't you agree?

and think again about all successful advertising campaigns.

didn't they PLAY ON THE POSITIVE MESSAGES? and those POSITIVE messages work miracles!

well you may argue that this is NOT COMMERCIAL, hence different. think again. you may THINK OUT OF THE BOX.

i overheard Justin Timberlake saying "Let's Take a U-Turn" in the making of his latest music video 4 MINUTES. i did overheard him saying, "the cool kids nowadays talk about 'let's make a u-turn'".

doesn't it sound familiar to LET'S DO IT from Nike? or even "Time To Change" from DIGI?

point number 2, if you noticed the current anti-smoking campaign visuals. they are NOT APPEALING. who cares to take notice of them if they DON'T WANA ASSOCIATE WITH THEM?

people wana feel good about doing something. that's how advertisements all the while had managed to influence a demand and purchase (for this case, buying the idea or concept) behavior.

and if you really want to get IMPACT for your advertising campaign by using ENDORSERS. make sure you use the BEST CANDIDATE for YOUR TARGETED AUDIENCE.

i can imagine if i were a smoker, i won't care a damn about TAK NAK. why?

1st, REBEL!
2nd, I DON'T THINK I"M 'WRONG'! who are you to tell me that i'm WRONG?!
3rd, IT'S A CHOICE! even an EXQUISITE one.
4th, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I THINK SMOKING IS "COOL"??
5th, I STILL GET TO HANG AROUND WITH THE "COOL" DUDES WHEN I SMOKE.
6th, SO WHAT??
7th, PROVE TO ME THAT SMOKING KILLS as BADLY as taking DRUGS!!
8th, THE ALTERNATIVES ARE NOT AS COOL! do CHEWING GUMS makes me "COOL"? (cum'on it's for "kids"!) do EXCELLENT WHITE TEETH makes me "COOL"? don't i still play sports with the "COOL" dudes?
9th, I DON'T CARE IF I DIE EARLIER COZ AFTERALL NOBODY APPRECIATES ME THE WAY I WANT. SO I "LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST"!
10th, okay.. i try to quit smoking, but i am beginning to find it hard to join my gang of friends.. do you have a solution to that? etc etc..

So it's all about a CHOICE! and how you make the CHOICE APPEAL TO THEM! and you FAILED THAT MISERABLY!! accept that! you made a tiny effect because you MANAGED TO PRESSURE the smokers to CONFORM. BUT it WON'T WORK MIRACLES that way! especially in long term! unless you want to make IMPOSE REGULATIONS like for DRUGS! which i don't think is likely. coz you DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR SMOKING AUDIENCE!

in the long term, they resort back to smoking because of 1 simple reason. PRESSURE! and quiting smoking in fact do ADD PRESSURE to them! don't you understand? sighs..

give it a try. WE HAVE GOT TO LEAD A POSITIVE CHANGE!

i propose that the anti-smoking campaign message use a short and concise message that is POSITIVE! or encourage YOUTH CURIOSITY TO MAKING A DIFFERENCE! for instance.

1. Let's Make a U-Turn! =P
2. I Feel Great!
3. What If I Don't Smoke? =)
4. No Smoking No Stress! We Do It Together. =)
5. Yes I Smoked; and YES I QUIT SMOKING!
etc etc.

with a tag line, "we understand why you smokeD." with the "D" in caps and mirror image effect if possible. to underscore it's time to CHANGE FOR THE BETTER!

much more to share. maybe next time if you think it's cool.

i hope JADE LIM and JACKSON TEOH can help us produce a VISUAL of it. if they read this.. =)

1 comment:

chrisshee said...

well an anonymous claimed that my nonsmoking idea is stupid. i would appreciate if he can provide reasons for it. at least i can learn from my mistakes. but i just didn't understand why he was so offended by it.. hopefully somebody can reason this out to me, but hopefully not in a "jerkish" manner like how "pretender" did.. it was rather alarming..

hold on a min. did that mean "pretender"??

could it possibly be someone "pretending" to be step on me to test me back?

if yes, i guess it would be "jackson teoh".

hey jackson, show yourself if that's you! lol! i remember i did play "pretending" on your blog. but it wasn't "rude" le.. lol! =P

hopefully it's you.. or i am indeed a little upset over this.. sighs.. coz i failed to understand why my works were hated by people without any reasonings the person wish to share..

okay i'll take it tough and make it better!!! who's afraid of whom?!! i'm not fxxking jerking anybody by doing this fxxking work!! so show yourself coward! whoever who claimed that my works sucks!

haha! does that show my other side? haha! XD