Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Waiting.. In Anticipation.. Watching..


It's almost impossible..

It almost stopped the near explosion beats in my ears..

My eyes wide opened.

Heart stunned.

You waved hi.

Split second notice.

I didn't react..

Did I?

I couldn't even remember that second if i was smiling in return or had I even waved hi?

But i know you planted a smile on my tired face when i was in the lift alone..

Coz I can't believe it happened..

Not coz you're god..

But coz i was hoping to see you again..

The walks were tiring..

Sweats scratching my neck..

Itching my back and shoulders..

Every step of the way in the dark reminded me what was i thinking of to come home for a warm soup?

That's not me..

As much as a warm homey soup can warm my body..

It could not warm my soul..

Not especially to plant a smile on me.

Because the soup did not understand the depth of my emotions.

Every step of the way generated contradicting thoughts.

As if the positive me fighting the negative me..

I knew i will bang into you.

For i had a few times when i asked for in silence.

There's nothing so special about you, is there?

Except that you have such innocence in you that came across as a spark of light in the gloom of moments..

I still remember the first time you looked..

There was not a second of judgments i felt.

So intensely focused and yet with not a single thought captured at the instant.

You were just looking..

And i looked back.

You didn't talk.

But you squeezed a smile..

Like a child..

With purity i'd never seen in a long long time..


The next occasion i remembered i saw you squatting to the kid's level and looking up at the kid..

I saw an angel that speaks not..

You turned back and gave me a smile.

A genuine one.

Beautiful..


You were always seen alone..

Wandering around the facilities..

I still haven't seen you talked..

Or perhaps i was mesmerized by the innocent look that i completely lost attention to you speaking to me..


You are still a stranger to me..

But one with a special gift to touch in silence without getting in close proximity..


I don't care if you don't look good and you don't know how to dress well..

But i feel you..

Your presence amongst the pool of people..

One that requires no words..

You're a mystery..

A wait i chose to hold on to..

I really would like to ask if we can be friends..

But I didn't want to break the silence..

Because the silence was the beauty..

The silence was the magic..

Your presence gave me a quest..

A quest that holds my breath..

Am i in love with a stranger i met 5 times with no interaction?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the person that you met in you condo? Hehe...

chrisshee said...

lol yea i guess so..

who are you? >.<