Friday, August 14, 2009

The Critical First Step of Your Career and Independent Life



I'm at a very fragile stage of life now to be honest.

It is a very critical decision point for me.

It could very much be the point of decision which is gonna mold who i am later on in life and where can i go and what will i do in the future.

I'd always believed ideally in building a dreamer's world.

Which is why you can say i am highly unrealistic or inadaptable to real world.

Reality versus Values and Beliefs.

Which is more important?

Balance?

Ordinary?

What is brutal honesty to you? What is integrity to you? What is being truthful to you?

Believe it or not i have the ability to deceive better than most people because i know how to feel and convey thoughts either verbally or through body languages.

In many ways i learned that i can actually manipulate people for my own interests through experimenting.

But do i want to do so?

No.

It is a gift and really powerful gift.

I want to put it in good use for the good of society and the good of humanity, in building a dreamer's ideal world rather than building a material fortune for my personal greed which could be never ending once i embark on the journey.

Speaking way bigger than who i am. I'm just a nobody. And i owe no duty to pay back to the society in any ways more than the rest. Everybody pays back through taxes. So will i. Why do i care to do things differently?

Why do i care to be truthful and make myself miserable?

One thing undeniable though.

Money does solve a lot of problems because this material world revolves around money.

Money saves us hell a lot of hassle and unnecessary issues.

Does it mean you then should pursue money over everything else?

Think.

You can but there's no end to it.

Maybe someday you will be contented. But then what had you missed out?

I don't know..

I just wish i know what should i do with my life to achieve the most from nothing.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reality may affect your building a dreamer's world or perhaps, a world of what you believe is right. It's hard and I've thought of it too. But as I've learned from my friend's fb thingie :P,

"I tried to change the world,
but I failed. I tried to change my town, but I failed. I tried to change my school, but I failed.
I tried to change myself, and I changed the world."

There are many ways of interpreting this. For right now, I think that if you stick with your ideals and work to the top, you will be able to change or influence the world. It's hard to change the world but real change is gradual and your actions will start by influencing those around you. There is always a start to everything.

So don't think of a huge plan or something to build that world. Your dream, if it stays with you strongly, will slowly build itself through your actions. Oh, and don't worry about reality. Thinking realistic is good in some ways but it may confine the mind and make your hopes and dreams limited.

I agree with you. A materialistic journey is endless.

However contrary to your other idea that one can always continue think on whether money is to be pursued over everything else, I do not believe in that. Period. Money should never be pursued over everything else.

One last note. Many moments will be important in one's life and some will be critical. Maybe at this stressing moment, you think this will decide your future and life. Just believe in yourself and what you feel is right. Your ideals make you who you are, and you make your ideals. I would like say other things but 1)it might not help right now. 2)you're possibly already over your fragile state.

By the way, I'm incredibly indecisive and mostly always wonder if I offend someone or not...sorry if I do.

Thank you for writing this post.
It reminded me of some of my ideals. :)

Anonymous said...

oops
should've read more of your older posts before I replied. -_-

"it is the principles and the values we stood by and work for daily that gradually make a difference. "

T_T I guess...then my post is kind of useless except the fact I was reminded again of my ideals again...

Oh well :)
Keep writing, your posts are awesome... :P

chrisshee said...

thxs anonymous..

haven't been updating my blogs for quite some time coz my mind's not inspired lately..

life's kinda empty now without interesting new things around that gives rise to feelings..

i need to feel stuffs and create my own thoughts around it..

but work requires otherwise..

professionalism, system, accountability, rules, standard procedures, picking up of facts figures and names.. which are all my shortcomings..

hmm..

i need to feel something whole new..

cheers anyway stranger~ ^^

do let me kno ur name if u dun mind k?

ciao~

Anonymous said...

shortcomings...?

well...inspiration is not meant to be forced out =P